This course is a review of the fundamentals of English grammar, with emphasis on writing, composition, and a review of the basic principles of speaking, as well as the different kinds of speeches.
After students complete this course, they should be able to . . .
- Use the eight parts of speech correctly.
- Conjugate regular and irregular verbs correctly.
- Make subjects and verbs agree in special situations, as well as with collective nouns.
- Make nouns and pronouns agree.
- Outline reports, sermons, speeches, and any other documents.
- Use punctuation correctly.
- Write a composition correctly, including good opening and closing paragraphs.
- Utilize the various forms of media communication.
- Know and use the basic principles of public speaking.
- Know how to present oneself in a public speaking arena.
Meet the instructors:
Dr. Michael Baker
Pentecostal Theological Seminary
Dr. Ken Bell
Church of God
Dr. Carolyn Dirksen
Church of God
Dr. Paul Walker
Mount Paran Church of God
Video Lessons Table of Contents:
- Introduction to Communicating Effectively
- Introduction to Grammar: Part 1
- Introduction to Grammar: Part 2
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- Prepositions and Prepositional Phrases
- Subjects and Predicates
- Subjects/Verb Agreement
- Irregular Verbs
- Verb Complements
- Personal Pronouns
- Other Pronouns
- Noun/Pronoun Agreement
- Conventions of Outlining
- The Written Page: Part 1
- The Written Page: Part 2
- Media Outreach
- Media Choices
- Presenting the Person
- Verbal Aspects of Communication
- The Relationship Factor: Part 1
- The Relationship Factor: Part 2
- The Relationship Factor: Part 3