A study of the ministry of the Church of God with emphasis on the growth of the church from a small southeastern group to a global church of over 4 million members. This course will also examine the organizational structure of the Church of God.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Relate the history of the ministry and growth of the Church of God.
- Discuss the organizational structure of the Church of God on the following levels:
- Trace the training and education of ministers in the Church of God from its earliest days to the present.
- Describe the international expansion of the Church of God.
Meet the instructors:
Dr. Joseph Byrd
Church of God
Dr. Bill George
Editor in Chief Pathway Press
Dr. David Roebuck
Dr. R. Lamar Vest
Former Presiding Church of God Overseer
Video Lessons Table of Contents:
- Introduction to Knowing Your Church
- Church of God History: Part 1
- Church of God History: Part 2
- Church of God History: Part 3
- General Assembly Organization and Functions
- General Council Organization and Functions
- International Offices
- State and District Organization
- The Local Church
- The Local Church and Its Ministry Structure
- Education and Training
- International Expansion of the Church
- International Evangelism
- Conclusion of Knowing Your Church