This course is a survey of current musical types, forms, and styles utilized in Pentecostal worship, with emphasis on understanding the Scriptural role of music in worship.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Discuss the current musical types, forms, and styles utilized in Pentecostal worship.
- Describe the Scriptural role of music in worship.
- Organize a music department, emphasizing the ministry aspect.
- Describe the power of music.
Meet the instructor:
Dr. Delton Alford
Video Lessons Table of Contents:
- The Role of Worship
- The Worship Experience
- Musical Types in Worship
- A Word-Centered Music Ministry
- A Worship Paradigm
- The Service Design
- Blended Worship
- Organization and Structure
- Expanding Methodology
- Music Support Systems
- Leading Worship
- The Sacred-Secular Issue
- Spiritual Music in the Church
- The Power of Music