This course is a study of the methodology of Scriptural interpretation with special emphasis on the role of context in the study and interpretation of Biblical content.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Discuss the authority, integrity, and relevance of the Bible to today’s society.
- Define Biblical hermeneutics, as well as describe the methodology of Scriptural interpretation.
- Utilize contextual interpretation of Biblical content, as well as lexical-syntactical analysis.
- Identify and describe prophetic reinterpretations and New Testament interpretations of the Old Testament.
- Identify the special literary methods found in the Bible.
- Know how to read the Bible from within our traditions.
- Discuss how Pentecostals read the Bible theologically.
Meet the instructors:
Dr. Lee Roy Martin
Pentecostal Theological Seminary
Homer G. Rhea
School of Ministry
Dr. William Simmons
Dr. Robby Waddell
Video Lessons Table of Contents:
- The Authority of the Bible
- Introduction to Bible Hermeneutics: Part 1
- Introduction to Bible Hermeneutics: Part 2
- The History of Biblical Interpretation
- Examples of Prophetic Reinterpretations
- New Testament Interpretations of the Old Testament
- Premodern Through Postmodern Interpretation
- Step-by-Step Interpretation of Scripture
- Inductive Bible Study: Part 1
- Inductive Bible Study: Part 2
- Special Literary Methods: Part 1
- Special Literary Methods: Part 1 (Continued)
- Special Literary Methods: Part 1, Part 2
- Lexical-Syntactical Analysis: Part 1
- Lexical-Syntactical Analysis: Part 2
- Lexical-Syntactical Analysis: Part 3
- Lexical-Syntactical Analysis: Part 4
- Contextual Analysis: The Legitimacy and the Pitfalls of Historical-Cultural Investigation
- The Ideological World of the Bible: Judaism
- The Ideological World of the Bible: The Bible and Other Cultures
- Historical-Cultural and Contextual Analysis: 1 Corinthians
- Theology and Hermeneutics: The Issue of Inspiration
- Theological Interpretation in Context: Reading the Bible From Within Our Traditions
- Pentecostal Hermeneutics: Part 1
- Pentecostal Hermeneutics: Part 2
- The Integrity of the Bible
- The Pertinence of the Bible