This course is a review of the fundamentals of English grammar, with emphasis on writing, composition, and a review of the basic principles of speaking, as well as the different kinds of speeches.
||3-4 hours per week
||DVD, Internet, Distance Learning
Everything about sharing the gospel involves communication. One’s approach to communication is all important because, in a sense, the power of life and death is in our communication. The apostle Paul’s words apply to believers here perhaps more than anywhere else: “For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life” (2 Corinthians 2:15, 16, (NKJV).
Communicating Effectively is more than a book on grammar and the proper use of words. It reveals that communication also has to do with the way one dresses, his attitude, and the lifestyle he chooses. Beyond how one presents himself personally, this volume also includes many different methods of communication, including the latest technological means available. The reader will come away greatly enlightened in all areas of communication.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Use the eight parts of speech correctly.
- Conjugate regular and irregular verbs correctly.
- Make subjects and verbs agree in special situations, as well as with collective nouns.
- Make nouns and pronouns agree.
- Outline reports, sermons, speeches, and any other documents.
- Use punctuation correctly.
- Write a composition correctly, including good opening and closing paragraphs.
- Utilize the various forms of media communication.
- Know and use the basic principles of public speaking.
- Know how to present oneself in a public speaking arena.
- Introduction to Communicating Effectively
- Introduction to Grammar: Part 1
- Introduction to Grammar: Part 2
- Adjectives and Adverbs
- Prepositions and Prepositional Phrases
- Subjects and Predicates
- Subjects/Verb Agreement
- Irregular Verbs
- Verb Complements
- Personal Pronouns
- Other Pronouns
- Noun/Pronoun Agreement
- Conventions of Outlining
- The Written Page: Part 1
- The Written Page: Part 2
- Media Outreach
- Media Choices
- Presenting the Person
- Verbal Aspects of Communication
- The Relationship Factor: Part 1
- The Relationship Factor: Part 2
- The Relationship Factor: Part 3
Video Lesson 1: Introduction to Communicating Effectively