This course is a historical overview of the postmodern world and the undermining of faith through the loss of absolutes and the relativity of morality.
||3-4 hours per week
||DVD, Internet, Distance Learning
An understanding of certain truths is absolutely essential to a solid foundation in Christian living. This book offers an overview of these core beliefs and values. It also explores modern and postmodern thinking that confronts the church in this century. It shows the Christian faith in a proper and historical perspective. While various philosophies have arisen and then passed from the scene, Biblical truth has remained steadfast.
Faith Foundations for Life and Ministry in the 21st Century deals with the importance of spirituality, worship, and ministry. It offers a wealth of spiritual guidance and demonstrates the nature of these ingredients to fruitful and productive living. In a day of uncertainties and a time when many are confused about the faith, here is a clarion call to foundational truths that have stood the test of time
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Describe the postmodern world in a historical overview.
- Discuss the postmodern world and the Christian faith.
- Identify the core values of the Christian faith.
- Describe the moral dilemma.
- Answer the question: “How then shall we live, individually, as disciples of Jesus Christ in a secular society?”
- Faith Foundations: The Modern World/Alternative Foundations: Part 1
- Faith Foundations: The Modern World/Alternative Foundations: Part 2
- Postmodernism and the Christian Faith: Part 1
- Postmodernism and the Christian Faith: Part 2
- The Christian Faith: Core Beliefs and Values
- Faith and Spirituality
- Faith and Worship
- Faith and Ministry
- The Moral Dilemma
- A Christian Basis for Moral Authority
- Core Truths and Values: Questions that Matter Most
- Core Truths and Values: Life is Relational
Video Lesson 1: Introduction