This course is an introduction to the principal streams of Biblical theology with an emphasis on the relationship of these major themes as they relate to ministry in the contemporary church.
||3-4 hours per week
||DVD, Internet, Distance Learning
A variety of doctrinal interests is explored in this volume. Practical applications of these themes are also presented: everything from prayer to forgiveness to holy living. Chapters on grace and faith trace the origins of man’s redemption, reminding believers of what the Savior alone can do for them. The person and work of the Holy Spirit are also presented, showing the vital work of the Spirit in all aspects of salvation. Pain and suffering are also dealt with in an illuminating way, including a study of divine healing as set forth in the Word of God. The role of elders and deacons in the operation of the local church is addressed in a very enlightening way. A thorough study of perfection, as it pertains to the Christian life, is also presented, as well as judgment and redemption.
Introducing the Great Themes of Scripture is a “must read” for the serious student of the Word of God. Two accomplished theologians have combined their efforts to present a text that is thought-provoking and rich in content. Themes dealt with here touch the lives of believers on a daily basis.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Identify the great themes of the Bible.
- Trace these great themes through both the Old and New Testaments.
- Exemplify how these major themes relate to ministry in the contemporary church.
- The Law of God
- The Gospel of God
- The Unity of Law and Gospel
- Judgment and Redemption
- The Nature of Faith
- Forgiveness: Part 1
- Forgiveness: Part 2
- Perfection and Being Holy
- Perfection in the New Testament
- Holiness in God and in the Believer
- Holiness and Fire
- The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit, Revealed in the Old Testament
- Personal Nature of the Holy Spirit
- The Work of the Holy Spirit Beyond Pentecost
- Power and Authority
- Leadership Under Divine Appointment
- Elders, Deacons, and Ordination
- Pain, Suffering, and Healing
- Healing in the Ministry of Christ and in the Presence of the Holy Spirit
- Prayer in the New Testament
- Prayer in the Life and Ministry of Jesus Christ
- Christ’s High Priestly Prayer
Video Lesson 1: The Law of God