A study of the ministry of the Church of God with emphasis on the growth of the church from a small southeastern group to a global church of over 4 million members. This course will also examine the organizational structure of the Church of God.
||3-4 hours per week
||DVD, Internet, Distance Learning
A movement that has gone from eight members in the mountains of East Tennessee and Western North Carolina to more than seven million members around the world in a little more than 125 years must be doing some things right. This book details the spiritual leadership and organizational structures that have pointed the Church of God in the right direction. Mistakes have been made, acknowledged, and overcome. A vision for the harvest has driven this denomination from its earliest days and continues to propel it forward. Prayer and dependence upon the Holy Spirit have been essential elements that have impacted the Church at every juncture.
This book presents an overview of how the Church of God functions as an organization. This is important information for anyone who has an allegiance to this movement. Hopefully, one will come away from this book with a heightened appreciation of the Church and its varied ministries.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Relate the history of the ministry and growth of the Church of God.
- Discuss the organizational structure of the Church of God on the following levels:
- Trace the training and education of ministers in the Church of God from its earliest days to the present.
- Describe the international expansion of the Church of God.
- Introduction to Knowing Your Church
- Church of God History: Part 1
- Church of God History: Part 2
- Church of God History: Part 3
- General Assembly Organization and Functions
- General Council Organization and Functions
- International Offices
- State and District Organization
- The Local Church
- The Local Church and Its Ministry Structure
- Education and Training
- International Expansion of the Church
- International Evangelism
- Conclusion of Knowing Your Church
Video Lesson 1: Introduction to Knowing Your Church