This course is a study of contemporary concepts of spiritual leadership with emphases on communication, decision making, conflict management, delegation, financial accountability, stewardship, and operational procedures.
||3-4 hours per week
||DVD, Internet, Distance Learning
The need for material that presents a practical approach to ministry is paramount. That need is fulfilled in the pages of this book. Individuals eminently qualified to address these issues offer patterns and applications out of their experiences. The suggestions offered here are both Biblical and practical. Such important subjects as planning a worship service, administering the sacraments, conducting weddings and funerals, attending to the daily tasks that befall a pastor, and many other relevant matters ministers face every day are covered in this volume. For those just starting in the ministry, this is an invaluable resource. For those who are already actively involved in ministry, this book serves as a refresher course. Both groups can glean information that will enlarge their service for the Lord.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Complete a self-evaluation of their personality and discuss the dynamics of group interaction.
- Describe how to conduct the following ceremonies:
- Discuss stewardship for a contemporary society based on Biblical principles.
- Manage the budgets and finances of a local church.
- Identify and discuss the various aspects of a caring church.
- How Do I Know My Calling?
- How Does the Church Understand Its Culture?
- What is the Outreach Process?
- What is the Connecting (Community) Process?
- What is the Faith (Character) Development Process?
- What is the Expressive-Response Process?
- How is Service (Calling) Developed?
- How are Systems Created for Ministry?
- How Does a Pastor Plan a Worship Service?
- How Does a Pastor Administer the Sacraments?
- How Does a Pastor Conduct Family Ministry?
- How Does a Pastor Bring Comfort?
- How Does a Pastor Serve as an Administrator? (Part 1)
- How Does a Pastor Serve as an Administrator? (Part 2)
- What is the Pastor’s Role in Finances of the Church?
- What is the Pastor’s Role in Promoting Stewardship?
- How are Financial Reports Created?
- What is the Relationship Between the Church and Taxes?
- What is the Relationship Between the Church and Legal Issues?
- Vision: Seeing the Ministry of the Church
- Organization: Structures for the Church’s Ministry (Part 1)
- Organization: Structures for the Church’s Ministry (Part 2)
- Involvement: Joins People with God’s Work (Part 1)
- Involvement: Joins People with God’s Work (Part 2)
- Involvement: Joins People with God’s Work (Part 3)
- Care: Shows God’s Love for People
- Evangelism: Reaches Local and Global Community with the Gospel
Video Lesson 1: How Do I Know My Calling