This overview of the New Testament gives consideration to the great themes of the Scripture, including the life and ministry of Christ, grace, the origin of the church, and the missionary life of the church.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Discuss the following aspects of the New Testament time period:
- Political world
- Social/cultural world
- Religious world
- Describe the necessity and process of canonization, as well as the content of the New Testament canon.
- Discuss each of the books of the New Testament in the following aspects:
- Date of writing
- Setting of the book
- Themes of the book
- Describe the origin of the church and the missionary life of the church.
- Describe the life and ministry of Christ.
- Discuss the relevance of the New Testament for society today.