This course is a review of the fundamentals of English grammar, with emphasis on writing, composition, and a review of the basic principles of speaking, as well as the different kinds of speeches.
After students complete this course, they should be able to . . .
- Use the eight parts of speech correctly.
- Conjugate regular and irregular verbs correctly.
- Make subjects and verbs agree in special situations, as well as with collective nouns.
- Make nouns and pronouns agree.
- Outline reports, sermons, speeches, and any other documents.
- Use punctuation correctly.
- Write a composition correctly, including good opening and closing paragraphs.
- Utilize the various forms of media communication.
- Know and use the basic principles of public speaking.
- Know how to present oneself in a public speaking arena.