This course is a comparison of historical and contemporary models of discipleship, with emphasis on the pastoral role of mentoring and helping to develop lay people for ministry.
After students complete this course, they should be able to…
- Give a comparison of historical and contemporary models of discipleship.
- Describe the concept and benefits of mentoring.
- Discuss how Jesus mentored his disciples for future ministry.
- Identify the laws of mentoring.
- Develop and mentor the laity to do the ministry of the church.