This course contains an emphasis on the basic principles of preaching and teaching the Word of God, emphasizing homiletical preaching styles, message preparation, communication methods, and treatment of contemporary issues.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Prepare an expository sermon.
- Analyze a Scripture passage, analyze the content and structure of a book of the Bible, and trace a theme through a book of the Bible.
- Describe the building blocks of therapeutic preaching.
- Utilize modern technology while preparing sermons as well as during the delivery of the sermon.
- Select the type of sermon needed for any particular audience, prepare and deliver it using the best methods for the occasion.