This course is a study of the methodology of Scriptural interpretation with special emphasis on the role of context in the study and interpretation of Biblical content.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Discuss the authority, integrity, and relevance of the Bible to today’s society.
- Define Biblical hermeneutics, as well as describe the methodology of Scriptural interpretation.
- Utilize contextual interpretation of Biblical content, as well as lexical-syntactical analysis.
- Identify and describe prophetic reinterpretations and New Testament interpretations of the Old Testament.
- Identify the special literary methods found in the Bible.
- Know how to read the Bible from within our traditions.
- Discuss how Pentecostals read the Bible theologically.