This course is a study of core Christian values based on the teachings of Christ which should impact social and individual behavior, with consideration of the issues of practical theology and ethics theory.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Discuss the core Christian values which impact social and individual behavior.
- Identify and discuss ministerial ethics.
- Identify and discuss the principles of Christian ethics.
- Describe the nature of man and the meaning of Christian love.
- Discuss Christian values based on the teachings of Christ.
- Discuss the following practical topics and show how they are relevant to today’s society:
- Marriage, Divorce, and Remarriage
- War and pacifism
- Abortion and euthanasia
- Capital punishment
- Reproduction and cloning
- Show how Christian ethics help to form Christian character.