This course is a study of ministry to diverse populations with emphasis on urban ministry settings, as well as the responsibility of the church to embrace diversity and reach out to all people.
||3-4 hours per week
||DVD, Internet, Distance Learning
No subject is more relevant to today’s society than cross-cultural or multicultural ministry. In the United States, where 50 percent of the population is now of ethnic origin, this is a ministry that cannot be ignored. If the harvest is to be reaped, churches must reach beyond the native-born Americans and also witness to those of various nationalities. There is truth to the thought that the world has now come to the United States and America has truly become a mission field. To reach their next door neighbors or the family down the street, churches must become missions minded.
Ministering to Culturally Diverse Populations offers practical guidelines for achieving a multicultural ministry. The stories of several churches who have had successful efforts in this direction are included in this volume. Step-by-step procedures are also offered so that any minister or church can easily adapt them in planting a church in a cross-cultural setting.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Discuss the theological basis for multicultural ministry.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of multicultural ministry.
- Discuss the importance of multicultural ministry in today’s society.
- Identify the role of the church in multicultural ministry.
- Embrace other cultures into their own churches or plant a cross-cultural church.
- Historical and Biblical Benchmarks of Multicultural Ministry
- Mountain West Model
- The Missionary Call to Multicultural Ministry
- Strengths and Weaknesses of Multicultural Ministry
- The Importance of Multicultural Evangelism: Part 1
- The Importance of Multicultural Evangelism: Part 2
- The Importance of Multicultural Evangelism: Part 3
- Reaching the Cross-Cultural Harvest
- Developing the Cross-Cultural Church
- The Power of Race, Ethnicity and Culture
- Multicultural Church Development
- Planting Cross-Cultural Churches: Part 1
- Planting Cross-Cultural Churches: Part 2
- Panel Discussion
Video Lesson 1: Historical and Biblical Benchmarks of Multicultural Ministry