This course is an introduction to the study of human personality and behavior from a Christian perspective.
||3-4 hours per week
||DVD, Internet, Distance Learning
Anyone involved in Christian ministry is in the people business. Understanding people is at the heart of effective ministry. To learn the various stages of human existence and to discern where individuals are in their development gives one a decided advantage in ministry.
Believers are not exempt from the common problems that beset humankind. Just because they have accepted Christ does not mean that they will not face conflicts or struggle with their places in society or need to find personal fulfillment in their lives and work. All the dynamics of relationships and family unity impact them as they do others. For a Christian to understand what is happening and how to cope with it is essential to a purposeful and happy life.
Situations of this nature are dealt with in Understanding Yourself and Others. This book offers practical guidance in day-to-day living. It also provides suggestions on how to help others as they face triumphs and tragedies in their lives.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Describe human personality and behavior from a Christian perspective.
- Identify and discuss Erikson’s psychosocial development stages.
- Describe the issues of death and dying.
- Utilize the rules of conflict resolution.
- Identify and discuss the ten principles of productive ministry.
- Introduction to Understanding Yourself and Others
- Developmental Psychology
- Erickson’s Psychosocial Development Stages: Part 1
- Erickson’s Psychosocial Development Stages: Part 2
- Death and Dying
- Counseling: Part 1
- Counseling: Part 2
- Conflict Resolution: Part 1
- Conflict Resolution: Part 2
- Developing Christian Families
- Guidelines for Personal Productivity: Part 1
- Guidelines for Personal Productivity: Part 2
Video Lesson 1: Introduction to Understanding Yourself and Others